Known as the Gateway to North, Loaog contains numerous tourist spots such as: the sinking bell tower, Ilocos Norte Capitol, Ilocos Lighthouse, San Nicolas Church and many more.
San Nicolas Church
(Photo taken from: http://bigberto.blogspot.com/)
- Cebu Pacific (from Bacolod, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Manila)
- Philippine Airlines (PAL)
- Partas Bus Lines (best-in-class): Cubao-Laoag; Pasay-Laoag; Sampaloc-Laoag; Baguio-Laoag
- Phil. Rabbit Bus Lines: Sampaloc-Laoag; Cubao-Laoag
- Maria de Leon Transit: Sampaloc-Laoag
- Farinas Transit: Sampaloc-Laoag
- Autobus: Sampaloc-Laoag
- Dominion Bus Lines: Cubao-Laoag
From NCR:Route 1: Pasay-Laoag
- From Manila Domestic Airport, take a Cebu Pacific flight to Laoag.
- From PAL Terminal, take a PAL flight to Laoag.
- From Gateway Mall, take the Aurora Blvd. exit.
- Turn left at Aurora Blvd.
- Walk about 4 blocks along Aurora Blvd., past Gen. Araneta, Gen. Santos Ave., EDSA, and Pinatubo. The Partas bus terminal is located at Aurora Blvd. corner Pinatubo.
- Ride a Partas bus to Laoag. The ride takes about 10 hours.
- From EDSA-Pasay, ride a Partas bus to Laoag. The ride takes about 10 hours.
- From UST, take the Lacson exit.
- Turn left at A. H. Lacson (Gov. Forbes), and walk 1-2 blocks, past Dapitan and Hospital of the Infant Jesus, until you get to Nicanor Roxas.
- Turn right at Nicanor Roxas, and walk until you get to the Partas, Autobus, or Farinas bus terminal.
- Ride a Partas, Autobus, or Farinas bus to Laoag. The ride takes about 10 hours.
- From Mapua High School, cross Rizal Avenue. The Phil. Rabbit Terminal is just across Rizal Avenue.
- Ride a Phil. Rabbit bus to Laoag. The ride takes about 10 hours.
- From New York Street, Cubao, ride a Phil. Rabbit or Dominion bus to Laoag. The ride takes about 10 hours.
- From Dapitan corner Gelinos Street, at the back of UST, ride a Maria de Leon Transit bus to Laoag. The ride takes about 10 hours.
- From the Partas Bus Terminal in #47 Governor Pack Road, ride a Partas bus to Vigan.
- Take a Cebu Pacific flight to Laoag.